Saturday, February 18, 2012

Meet the Directors: Part Two

Every musician has to start somewhere.  To introduce our second band director and driving force behind The Waterford New Horizons Concert Band, I am going to share a story from when I first started playing the clarinet.  At age ten, I was taught to play the clarinet by Terry Odelli, former Waterford School District band director.  Now, early in my twenties, I find myself playing once again under Terry's leadership.

Here is Terry Odelli's biography, as it appears on the band webpage:

Terry Odelli earned Bachelors and Masters degrees in Music Education from Michigan State University.
He taught instrumental music (grades 5 through 12) in Pontiac and Waterford for thirty-seven years (sixteen years as the director of the Waterford Kettering High School Band). He retired from public school service in 2002 and affiliated with the Waterford New Horizons Band shortly thereafter.
To find out more about "the best kept secret in Waterford," visit the band webpage by clicking on the following link:

1 comment: