Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another Member Story

Here is one more story from the member of the Waterford New Horizons Concert Band:


My sons were involved with the Mott band under the direction of Gerry Spry. I was a band booster and then retired.  Gerry said he was forming a New Horizons Band and I thought I would give it a try and went to the first meeting.  Gerry gave us instruments and beginner books. I decided to play French Horn. Being in the band and learning an instrument has given me a sense of accomplishment that I thought I would never have. Member 11 years.



The Waterford New Horizons Concert Band now has more than 70 members, more than a typical high school band at Waterford Mott or Kettering, when I was a student at Mott not so long ago.  Our next concert, March Musical Madness will take place on Sunday, March 18th at the Waterford Mott performing arts center at 3 pm.   The concert is free to attend, although we do accept donations as they allow us to continue to provide wonderful music for the community.  Bring your friends and family! We hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment